- Worked 33 hours
- Wrote script for new course teaser
- Prviate prospective client design systems AMA with Jina Anne and Joe Rinaldi
- Filmed new course teaser
- Account sync with Lauren Deal
- Account strategy call (part 2) with Nicole Hampton, Crystal Vitelli, TJ Pitre, and Joe Rinaldi
- Subdomain strategy conversation with Geof Crowl and TJ Pitre
- Biz dev check-in with Dontae Benn and Joe Rinaldi
- Caught up with Julia Ysabela Fernandez
- “How we work together” session on new product with Leslie Camacho and Mike Carbone
- Talked about SuperFriendly’s Black Lives Matter Policy with Lauren Deal
- Workshopped new SuperFriendly site information architecture with Geof Crowl
- Updated SuperFriendly account dashboard
- Reviewed new product designs with Afyia Smith
- Working session about account reporting and value sheets with Crystal Vitelli
- Caught up with Lina Calin
- Schemed with Chris Murphy
- The internet was out for about a day and a half because of a power outage. I felt very frustrated about not being able to get much done, but I actually ended up getting a lot more done because of it.
- Related to the above point, Crystal helped me figure out how to push off or cancel most of my meetings, so I was really productive. It’s interesting to me that my list (above) was shorter this week than normal—I only had 17 items as opposed to my average of about 25–30—but I got a lot more important things (as opposed to urgent things) done. I’m curious to see if there’s a correlation between the number of items in my list and my feelings of accomplishment.
- Stopped working with my therapist of 2+ years
- Em and I took an 8-mile bike ride.
- Greg, Kerry, and Jax came over and we grilled lots of food.
- Tried to photograph Comet Neowise again, and again to no avail. The sky was too cloudy the night I went out, but I brought Charlie along with me this time and we had a blast being silly, eating chips, and driving around our town and searching the sky late at night. She’s a good adventure partner.
- Em cut my hair.
- Slept an average of 5 hours and 52 minutes per night. Average bedtime: 10:35pm. Average wake up time: 5:20am.
- Half of Ghostbusters (2016) before the kiddos got too creeped out
- My Neighbor Totoro
- San Andreas
- A bunch of Dude Perfect videos
Notable reads #
- Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder
- The Dehumanizing Condescension of White Fragility
- The Ally Nudge is a 1-month program to help you continue doing the work to be an ally to the Black community, all via text.
- Cofolios shows design interns at top tech companies.
- A public service announcement from Catherine O’Hara.