- Worked 47 hours
- Taught “Design Systems & Design Ops” workshop at Design Ops Summit over 3 days
- Caught up with Ed Uszynski about FamilyLife
- Talk to Katie High and Chris Free from Chromatic with Joe Rinaldi
- Caught up with Brad Frost
- Biz dev catch ups with Crystal Vitelli and Joe Rinaldi
- Quarterly planning with Josh Clark and Brad Frost
- Caught up with Jenny Johannesson
- Working session with Crystal Vitelli
- Talked to new prospective client with Joshua Blankenship and Matt Cook
- Check-in with Julia Fernandez about her SuperFriendly internship
- Arcade research readout
- Caught up with Matt Spiel
- Account planning with Nicole Hampton and Joe Rinaldi
- Celebrated my nephew’s 2nd birthday
- I pre-ordered the iPhone 12 for Em.
- Ate at OOKA
- Slept an average of 5 hours and 30 minutes per night. Average time in bed: 6 hours and 40 minutes. Average bedtime: 9:55pm. Average wake up time: 4:36am.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- X-Men: First Class (again)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (again)
Notable reads #
- Nathan Curtis published an epic article about naming tokens in design systems.
- Kristy Tillman launched Made in the Future, a career-building curriculum-based fellowship for talented underrepresented emerging design professionals.
- Crafting Strategy by Henry Mintzberg is one of the best articles I’ve ever read about the importance of emergent strategy.
- Fright Night is a fantastic typeface to use this October for any of your Halloween-related design needs.