Here’s how I felt about the things I did this week:
- Since it officially turned December, I feel myself quickly moving into reflective mode for the year and starting to make plans for 2021.
- Worked 36 hours
- Sent out an email newsletter about the “Make Design Systems People Want to Use” course
- Debugged some Mailchimp email newsletter signup weirdness
- Talked email lists with Crystal Vitelli, Nikki Loffredo, and TJ Pitre
- Attended my first meeting as a board member of Vocatio Career Prep High School
- Started designing and coding a new internal SuperFriendly project (used Eleventy for the first time)
- Recorded an upcoming podcast episode
- Workshopped with Crystal Vitelli
- Sales call with prospective client with Lauren Deal, Celso White, Baby Grand, and Joe Rinaldi
- Biz dev check-ins with Crystal Vitelli and Joe Rinaldi
- Caught up with Hilary Fenton
- Wrote weeknotes
- Workshopping prospective client team structure with Crystal Vitelli and Joe Rinaldi
- Talked prospective client tech discovery process with Nicole Hampton, Brad Frost, Tim Shelburne, and Joe Rinaldi
- Attended the Practical Innovation Summit: Tokens with the Arcade team
- Wrote new client statement of work
- Workshopped client content with Lauren Deal, Crystal Vitelli, and Matt Cook
- 1-on-1 with Isa Sousa
- 1-on-1 with Julia Fernandez
- New project scoping with Derek Featherstone
- Account planning with Jessi Hall and Josh Clark
- Talked to client tech team about what handoff should look like with Lauren Deal and Crystal Vitelli
- Schemed with Kevin Deal
- Schemed with Afyia Smith
- Schemed with Margot Bloomstein
- Caught up with Leslie Camacho
- Charlie turned 7!
- My parents celebrated their 38th anniversary. Happy anniversary, Mom & Dad!
- Buying a new house is equal parts exciting and boring. I spent a lot of time this week on the phone and on email get homeowners insurance quotes and filling out/signing documents.
- Slept an average of 6 hours and 18 minutes per night. Average time in bed: 7 hours and 15 minutes. Average bedtime: 9:58pm. Average wake up time: 5:10am.
- D2: The Mighty Ducks (again)
- D3: The Mighty Ducks (again)
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout (again)
- The Mandalorian, season 2, episodes 2–6
Notable reads #
- Captain Britain (1976) #1–2
- Marvel Team-Up #65–#66
- Excalibur (1988) #1
- Marauders (2019) #11
- Excalibur (2019) #11
- Avoid caching if you can.